How to Clear GME Entrance Exam | 2023
Last updated on November 23rd, 2023 at 10:59 am
Table of contents
- When are the GME exams generally conducted?
- Understanding the Entrance Exams:
- Technical Test:
- Aptitude Tests:
- Smart Exam Preps: Factors to Consider
- Tips and Tricks:
- If you have come across this blog, it’s safe to assume that you have almost decided to join the GME course. Now, let us take you to the next level by sharing insights about how to clear GME entrance exam.
- After reading this article, you will get a vivid idea about what entrance exams you have to prepare for, and how to do it most efficiently.
- We will also cover various resources that might help you ease the process. Without further ado, Let’s dive into what you are looking for.
When are the GME exams generally conducted?
Let’s look at the rough dates of the exams based on current data from some top institutes/companies:
|Institute/Company||Tentative Dates||Website Links|
|Anglo-Eastern Maritime Academy||March-April||GME in AEMA|
|IMS, Goa||July-August||GME in IMS, Goa|
|IMI, Noida||March-April(Batch starts from May )||Admission in IMI Noida|
|SCI-MTI||March-April||Admission in SCI_MTI|
|MSC||August-September||MSCCS India – Apply for GME|
|Synergy Marine Group||May-June||SYNERGY RECRUITMENT EXAMINATION 2023-2024|
Note: These dates are tentative based on current data, they may vary. Please visit the institute/company websites for proper dates.
Understanding the Entrance Exams:
Let’s Look at exactly what exams you have to prepare for:
- Technical Test
- Aptitude Test
- Psychometry Test
We will stick to Technical and Aptitude Tests and try to provide insights about them.
Let’s look at them one by one, breaking down every nook and corner of the tests.
- It is basically the test of your knowledge of the subjects that you have covered in your Engineering.
- You will be asked to answer a certain number of MCQs based on the syllabus already provided.
Take a look at the Technical Syllabus of Various Colleges for the GME Entrance Exam:
|AEMA||IMS, Goa||Synergy Marine Group|
|I.C. Engines, Boilers, R.A.C, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Engineering Materials, Electrical, Instrumentation, Air Compressor, Pumps||Basic General Engineering Knowledge. Electricity, Electronics, Heat Engines, Hydraulics, Strength of Materials, Mechanics, Theory of Machines, R.A.C||M.E. GATE Syllabus: Engineering Mathematics, Applied Mechanics and Design, Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, Materials, Manufacturing, and Industrial Engineering|
|GME SYLLABUS FOR ONLINE TEST||ADMISSION INFORMATION||SYNERGY RECRUITMENT EXAMINATION 2023-2024|
GATE 2022 Syllabus
- As you can see, the syllabuses of different institutes/companies overlap. Hence we require one specific study plan that will cover all the exams at once. That is the Goal!
What Resources do you need?
- Subject-wise theory can be studied practically from anywhere. Prescribed Text Books, Youtube, PDF files, Own notes(Best).
- This is the most important aspect of cracking the technical entrance exams
- Only knowing the theory is not enough. You need to practice Time-bound MCQs as well.
Resources to Practice MCQs:
- 5000+ Mechanical MCQs, by R.S Khurmi.
- Mechanical Engineering Questions and Answers
- MCQ Question for GME by examveda
- Question from Objective Books
- Question on Mechanical Engineering by Grabstudy
- Question on Mechanical Engineering by Sanfoundry
- IGME Question by Career ride
We suggest you stick to 1 specific resource and try to complete it to the best of your ability, preferably R.S Khurmi’s Book.
3. Time Bound Practice Tests
- Dedicated Practice Tests are your final challenges.
- You should attend these at the end of your preparation. It should be the true test of your preparation and should act as a confidence booster.
How Can We Help?
- To make the process of your preparation easier, we have formulated a series of courses that will not only help you land your dream job but also be a better and well-informed Marine Engineer.
- There is something for everyone so whether you are preparing for a written exam or for an Interview, they will help you to excel in your exam.
CLICK HERE to visit the courses.
- Aptitude tests may be the deal breakers or the deal makers
- Understand that the questions asked in the aptitude section are not very complicated or difficult
- They are used to test your reasoning and arithmetic skills
- They have the ability to grab you the extra marks needed to finally crack the exam.
Syllabus of Various Institutes:
|Analytical ReasoningEnglish||AptitudeReasoning English||Numerical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.Verbal ReasoningNon-verbal reasoning (Spatial and Abstract Reasoning)English|
|GME SYLLABUS FOR ONLINE TEST||SCI Graduate Marine Engineer Previous Year Question Papers||SYNERGY RECRUITMENT EXAMINATION 2023-2024|
After Attending and Successfully clearing the Deck Cadet Entrance Exam of Synergy Marine Group, I have come up with a few Highlight Topics that I feel, would cover most of the Aptitude Tests.
Here is the List:
|Train Problems, Time and Distance, Simple & compound interest, Heights and Distances, Time and Work, Boats and Streams, Pipes and Cisterns, Average, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Chain Rule|
|Blood Relations, Syllogisms, DiceVenn Diagrams, Seating Arrangement, Direction-Sense Test, Arithmetic Reasoning|
|Series, Analogy, Analytical reasoning, Water and Mirror Images, Cubes and Dice, Pattern Completion, Rule Detection, Grouping of Images|
|Number Series, Letter & Symbol Series, Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Conclusions, Cause and Effect, Statement and Arguments|
|Spotting Errors, Synonyms and Antonyms, Spellings, One-Word Substitution, Comprehension, Closet Tests, Ordering of Words, Idioms and Phrases|
The Best Way and Resources to Ace Aptitude Tests:
- Youtube Is Your Best Friend:
- In my opinion, YouTube videos are the best and fastest resources to prepare for aptitude
- Although you can refer to books, I recommend YouTube videos as they provide a clear set of directions
Some of the best YouTube channels for Aptitude:
- Dear Sir
- Career Definer
- S.Chand Academy
2. Practice Tests and MCQs
- Taking time-bound tests at regular intervals is particularly important for Aptitude Tests
- You get to assess your speed and accuracy
Best Websites for Practice Tests:
Smart Exam Preps: Factors to Consider
Before preparing for an exam, you need to weigh your strengths and weaknesses. Here are three fundamental questions that will help you kick-start your preparation:
- What is your preparation level?
- Go through the syllabus of the exam and analyze it.
- After going through you should have a fair idea of where you currently stand.
- We suggest you rate your levels of preparation from 0 to 5
5 – ‘I am fully prepared’.
0 – ‘I have not yet started’
- How Far is the exam Date?
- If the exam is not too far, you need to gear up.
- The more time you have to prepare, the better your chances to succeed
- What resources do you need?
- This is the most important part. If you have the correct resources and guidelines, you will be way ahead of your competitors.
- Do not worry, we have got you covered. We already have formulated comprehensive courses, tests, and other materials that will surely help you.
- We recommend you try to go as deep as possible in the subject matters for better conceptual clarity.
Tips and Tricks:
- Make Your Own Notes.
- Making your notes has the added advantage of personal views
- When you think about something while making notes, it stays with you for a long time.
- Single Notebook of Short Notes.
- When you have 30 days left for the test, you should not go on reading 4-5 notebooks.
- 1 Singular Notebook should be made that consists of all the important points of a topic.
- Make sure you complete each Unit in 1-3 pages
- Formula Notebook
- All the important formulas should be noted down in one small notebook
- Each Unit should have a separate Formula List
- Revise Regularly.
- Revision is of utmost importance! I learned this the hard way while I was preparing for my JEE Entrance Exams.
- I stumbled upon this thing called the Forgetting Curve. It made me realize what I was doing wrong.
- The gist of it was that in order to retain any subject for a long we need to break the forgetting by performing spaced revision
- Watch this video for the best revision strategy that I came across
- Take practice Tests on a Regular Basis
- Practice tests are the best way to cross-check your preparation
- Regularly take Time-bound Practice tests on various websites mentioned above
- Mock interviews should be also attended to realize how you perform in real-life situations
Check out our Mock Interview Course:
- Divide and Rule
Make Sure you divide your Study plan into the following sections:
- Weekly Goals
- Monthly Goals
- 6 Month Goals
- Annual Goals
- Final Words:
- Always try to maintain a good physical as well as mental health
- You may be technically sound but sometimes when fear kicks in, nothing seems to work
- So, it’s important to maintain a positive Mindset and always remember why you started it
- If you watch carefully and plan your steps considering the points mentioned above, we hope that it will be of some help.
- The Entrance Exams, as discussed earlier, are not Rocket Science but need careful analysis and proper dedication
- Do not waste any more time and begin your preparation journey for it’s going to be a long and bumpy road. Be prepared to sail on rough seas cause that’s what you are meant to do!